1) Staff members will not serve alcohol to unduly intoxicated people.
2) When refusing service, staff will always ensure that they are not illegally discriminating against any person.
3) Staff members will encourage patrons to partake of non-alcoholic drinks, coffee etc. at the early signs of intoxication.
4) Free coffee is available at all times from the Gaming room and free water is available from all bars.
5) Staff members must not serve alcohol to persons who have not attained the age of eighteen years.
6) Staff members will only accept one of the following current photographic identification as proof of age:
- An Australian (Photographic) Drivers License.
- An Australian or foreign Passport (Photographic)
- A Government issued proof of age card (Card 18+ in Queensland – each State has its own proof of age card)
- Other ID card approved by the Liquor Licensing Commission (The only card approved is the Victorian Key pass)
7) Disruptive, disorderly or aggressive behavior will not be tolerated.
8) Duty Managers, Department Managers, Supervisors and staff can refuse service of alcohol to patrons who are behaving in a disruptive manner.
9) When a staff member makes the decision to refuse service of alcohol to a patron/s he/she will inform the Duty Manager and other staff members to
10) Duty Managers, Department Managers and Supervisors are to politely request people who have been refused service of alcohol to leave the premises. (In some instances, eg: people attending a function, intoxicated patrons may be permitted to stay. Naturally they would only be served non-alcoholic drinks)
11) Staff members will encourage patrons to consume a meal where possible whilst on the premises.
12) Managers will ensure that patrons leaving the Hotel have easy access to taxis.
13) Managers will ensure that all new Deck bar staff members produce a copy of their Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate.
14) Management will provide an adequate number of security staff to ensure that only patrons over the age of eighteen years who have an approved means of identification are permitted to enter the venue.
15) Management will ensure that all intoxicated or unrulely patrons will be denied access.
16) Management will provide an adequate number of security staff inside the venue to ensure that patrons are behaving in an acceptable manner and that the rules of RSA are being observed.
17) Management will do everything possible to ensure a safe environment for patrons and a safe working environment for employees.
18) We will not serve any drinks other than soft drink or water in jugs after 9pm on Friday and Saturday nights.
19) We will not serve any shots or shooters after 1am on Friday and Saturday nights.
20) We will not serve doubles or cocktails after 1am on Friday and Saturday nights.
21) Only one drink per person after 1.30am on Friday and Saturday nights.
22) We will offer complimentary soft drink for the designated driver of any group – conditions apply please ask to speak with a manager.
23) All unattended drinks will be taken from their found location and disposed of without a refund – an unattended drink is defined as a drink that we can easily take from a table without anyone noticing. This is to combat drink spiking.
24) The following rules will apply where alcoholic drinks are sold at a reduced price:
Security and floor staff will regularly check to ensure that patrons are not accumulating drinks at tables
Alcohol promotions will not be conducted in such a way to encourage excessive or binge drinking.
If you wish to discuss any elements of this house policy, please ask for the manager on duty.
The Glen Hotel
|Download House Policy Document||28.5 KB|