We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal information by compliance with the Australian Privacy Principles (APP) set out in the Privacy Act 1988 and Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Bill 2012. This document sets out our policy for managing your personal information so that you can feel confident about how we handle the personally identifiable information ('personal information') you entrust to us, and how you to update or unsubscribe your details from our database.
What is personal information?
Personal information is information or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database) from which it is possible to determine your identity. Examples of personal information include your name, postal address, telephone number and email address.
How do we collect your personal information?
By using our forms, our services and providing us with your personal information, you consent to us collecting, using and disclosing your personal information in accordance with our policy. We collect personal information about you in a number of ways, including:
- Directly from you, for example, when you provide information to us by phone, email, through our customer feedback forms and competition entry forms.
- Through Australian third parties, such as from our agents or contractors.
- Directly from you on our website, through the email newsletter sign up forms, or via the sign up forms on our social media channels, or online competition forms.
How do we use your personal information?
The Glen Hotel Pty Ltd, may use your personal information in order to:
- Verify your identity;
- Market events and special offers made available by us;
- Keep you informed of news and information;
- Enter you in competitions and notify you of results;
- Respond to your questions and comments;
- Send you information brochures, coupons, offers and other information;
- Research and develop new competitions, activities and other events; and
- Improve our relationship with our customers.
If you do not wish to receive our emails, newsletters, publications and other communications, please use the Unsubscribe function on the bottom of our email newsletters or advise us in writing, attention to the Marketing Manager at The Glen Hotel, PO Box 2415, Runcorn QLD 4113.
How do we store and protect your personal information?
We store personal information in paper and/or in electronic form. The security of information is important to us and we will take reasonable steps to protect it from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Please notify us immediately if you become aware of any breach of security.
Accuracy of your personal information
We take all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, we rely on the accuracy of personal information as provided to us both directly and indirectly. If you find that the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, please contact us immediately (our contact details are set out below) and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
When do we disclose your personal information?
We may disclose your personal information to:
- contractors that we have engaged to carry out functions, marketing and activities on our behalf; and
- otherwise as required or authorised by law.
How can you access the personal information we hold about you?
Subject to some exceptions provided by law, you have the right to access your personal information. For security purposes, if you would like to access personal information that we hold about you, we require you to put your request in writing. If we do not allow you access to any part of the personal information we hold about you, we will tell you why. We will not charge you for lodging a request to access your personal information, but we may charge you for our reasonable costs in supplying you with access to this information.
How to contact us
The Glen Hotel Pty Ltd
Group Marketing Manager
PO Box 2415
Runcorn QLD 4113