Supporting Our Community
At The Glen we pride ourselves on being an active member of the local and wider community.
At The Glen we pride ourselves on being an active member of the local and wider community. We regularly contribute raffle prizes and other donations to local schools, sporting teams, and not for profit organisations. We are happy to consider any requests for donations. Please complete the donation request form below if you are looking for support of your event.
Go Pink Day supporting the National Breast Cancer Foundation’s Research Program
We are also dedicated supporters of the National Breast Cancer Foundation. Since 2004 we have held our signature fundraising event, The Glen’s “Go Pink Day”, which raises money and awareness of the National Breast Cancer Foundation’s research program. Since 2004, this event has raised $397,000 for the NBCF, with the wonderful support of our sponsors and guests.
Supporting local business is also an important part of our ethos at The Glen. Our own business has grown since the Fitzgibbons family bought the Hotel in 1960, which is only possible with the great support we have received from those who live locally. It is our preference to deal with local owned and operated businesses, where possible. We enjoy long relationships with many businesses who work with us to keep the Hotel running, maintained and supplied with its many requirements.
The Glen believes in positively impacting our community through contributing to local organisations, if possible. The following donation request policy has been implemented to create consistency and fairness to organisations which ask for our support. Please be aware that we receive many more requests than we can possibly fill and cannot guarantee that we will be able to assist your organisation at the present time. Generally:
- We donate to not-for-profit organisations which serve our community.
- In most cases, we donate vouchers for our venue.
- We can only consider donation requests submitted via the form below (unfortunately we cannot accommodate requests over the counter or phone).
- Donation requests for events or organisations within our local area are preferred.
- Please submit your request at least 30 days prior to your event date.
- Donation requests are filled on a first come, first served basis. Because of the volume of requests we receive, it’s more likely we can help if you make your request early.
- We will contact you via email if we can help.
Please complete the donation request form below and our friendly team will be in contact if we can assist you.
Please note, fields marked with * are compulsory.